Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sometimes We Have to Think Before We Speak

So Joshua comes flying through the living room, chokes dramatically and clutches the air, makes rattling noises and falls to the ground at the entrance to the hall.

Daddy: "Joshua, what in the heck are you doing?!"
Joshua: "Being dead...argllll uh "
Daddy: "Well just make your self UNdead this minute and get in there and pick up your bedroom!"

So Joshua rises from the floor, slooowly raises his arms until they are outstretched in front of him, widens his eyes and tilts his head to one side. He shambles down the hall groaning, "Brains! Errrrr Aaarrrrg brains! Errrghhh, toys and brains!" and enters his bedroom, never once slipping out of character.

I looked at Daddy and opened my mouth to speak. He held up one hand and shaking his head, sighed and said, "I know, I know, he did *exactly* what I told him to do!"

hehehe

No comments: